Monday 30 May 2011

ONE OF THE BEST FOR UMPIRE KEITH

By Keith Hunt,
ECB ACO Umpire - Lincs League and East Lindsey League


I am emailing about the match I umpired on Sunday, 29th May 2011, Hainton v Keelby, East Lindsey League Div 2, with my colleague Juliet Barnes.
Juliet has only been umpiring for two years; myself, since 1984, with a 7-year absence due to illness.
This was one of my best matches I have done.
Both teams entered into the spirit of the game.
Both captains had control of their teams.
There was no questioning the umpires' decisions.
Infact I would say from my experience as an umpire, 23 people had a game of cricket and a laugh (23 as Keelby only had 10).
I did thank both captains, but what I didn't tell them was I would be contacting someone in the League.
I hope the rest of the season is played in that manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment