Sunday 12 July 2009

SORRY, DANS

Make a mistake on Lincs Cricket Latest and it's very quick to rectify - but make an error in print and there's nothing you can do but eat humble pie.
So sincere apologies go to both Dan Healy and Dan Tolson. In Friday's Lincs League cricket preview, penned for the Grimsby Telegraph, Scunthorpe Telegraph and Lincolnshire Echo, I wrongly described Mr Healy, who runs Caistor 2nds, as leading Cleethorpes 2nds, when it should have been Mr Tolson in charge of the Meggies' second string.
It wasn't until I sat down to read my copy of the Scunthorpe Telegraph on Friday night that the error jumped off the page at me. I can only hope some eagle-eyed member of the Grimsby Telegraph sports department spotted my lapse and corrected it before the preview piece reached the printing stage.
I usually have enough problems trying to remember to call the current Cleethorpes captain Dan, rather than Don, having played against the senior Tolson many times in the old Humberside Alliance, when he was with Immingham side Norsk Hydro.

No comments:

Post a Comment