Friday 5 October 2012

TRIBUTES TO THE LATE PAUL CHAMBERLAIN - CLEETHORPES CRICKET CLUB AND GRIMSBY AREA UMPIRE



FROM PAUL HEWSTONE, CRICKET CHAIRMAN - CLEETHORPES CC
Not only was Paul a great servant to Cleethorpes CC and the Grimsby Umpires' Association but he was a one of life’s true gentleman and someone I would refer to as a friend. I hope he classed me the same.
His cricket knowledge was incredible and he was always available to listen and offer advice.
If it was an opinion on a player, or a thought on the day’s play, I would often turn to Paul for advice.
Paul had been ill for a while and he never once complained. He remained his usual cheerful self - always quick to take the mickey, whether it be in the winter and Everton had lost or in the summer when we had lost another game of cricket
Cricket in general, and Cleethorpes CC in particular, will be far worse off.
A very sad loss and he will be greatly missed by all at Cleethorpes CC

FROM BOB WELTON - CHAIRMAN, LINCOLNSHIRE COUNTY CRICKET LEAGUE
I was deeply saddened to hear that Paul Chamberlain had passed away on Wednesday 03/10/12.
Paul was a BIG MAN  in many ways. He helped me set up the under-13 coaching sessions at Cleethorpes CC and put in many hours of unpaid time on Friday nights and on Sunday morning match days.
His help was invaluable as the section rapidly grew from 12 boys to 90 boys and girls regularly turning up for coaching, and became the foundation of the club's youth programme.
My heartfelt sympathies go to Paul's family. He will be sadly missed.  R. I. P.

No comments:

Post a Comment